"Diaplus: From Training to Employment. A European Tool for Life -long Career Management ", was the framework of the Vocational and Counseling priority of the Leonardo da Vinci II program
The DIAPLUS Consortium consists of the following organizations:
IEKEP - Institute of Training and Vocational Guidance (Coordinator)- Greece
SEPE - Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communication Enterprises -Greece
OEEK - Vocational Education and Training Organization - Greece
Mitsingas Institute of Research and Training - Cyprus
The Cypriot Association of School Guidance Counsellors - Cyprus
FCZB -FrauenComputerZentrumBerlin - Germany
NICEC -National Institute for Careers Education and Counseling -United Kingdom
The purpose of the project was to produce a European tool of life long career management which will enable the continuous and open review and assessment of the goals, qualifications and skills of the individual, connecting them to the needs and demands of the ICT business world. The tool helped the individual to monitor his/ her career, his/ her personal and occupational profile, set new goals and plan his/ her continuous personal development accordingly.
The project "DIAPLOUS" aimed at:
- The awareness of the need of life-long guidance in the personal and occupational path of each individual.
- The development of a common European methodology for life-long career management and the continuous development of the human resources.
- Information directly from the ICT companies, about the labor market.
- The transparency of the individual's knowledge and skills in Europe.
- The orthological connection of Initial Vocational Training with the Continuous Training and life-long learning.
- The encouragement of the widest possible range of groups to be trained and employed in the dynamic field of ICT taking into account the differences between women and men in terms of their living conditions, their educational and professional background.
- The sensitization of the ICT organizations about their social responsibility in the development of human resources.